Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sad Day

I learned yesterday of the passing of one of my very "bestest" internet friends, Sue Mitchell. I have known and actually "worked" with Sue for the last few years on Tole Friends. We made a connection and became very close.

Her niece, Connie, set her grief aside for a moment in order to notify Sue's many internet friends almost as soon as she found out herself.

I am truly and absolutely devastated and shocked (as I'm sure many are). I don't think I have ever felt so "kicked in the gut" as I was when I opened up the note from Connie. Wonderful, thoughtful Connie. Thinking of all Sue's friends and "family" in her own time of grief.

Sue lived life outLOUD; to the fullest. She cared deeply, strongly and passionately about so many things and so many people. She will be so badly missed. There is a huge hole in my heart and life right now. But I know Sue would want us to celebrate her life.

So I will continue to talk up our love, Tole Friends and our Decorative Painting. I have created this blog as Sue often admonished me to create one. An online diary of sorts. It is fitting that Sue should be my first entry. She was an awesome lady. Taken far too young (60) but I'm sure is now smiling down on all of us while holding a bouquet of her favourite Bluebonnets.

With sadness in my heart for one GREAT lady. Sue, you were dear in many hearts and especially in mine. You are already missed.

~ Shelley


No comments:

Post a Comment