Sunday, September 6, 2009

Are we there yet?

Well I tell you, the end of August, first part of September is always exhausting. Throw a couple extra events in and well, it's a free-for-all, lol. But, we're almost at the relax and sit back stage (ya, right).

Son #2 had his birthday on September 2. 18 years old already! Holy cats where does the time go? We have also been getting him ready for his first year of College and all that that entails (clothes, course registration [and payment!], book buying, bus passes and i.d.). Whew.

Bought our eldest a small apartment-size freezer so am off to buy some edibles to fill it with shortly (ya, the most important part - is this like buying someone a purse or wallet that you're s'posed to put a coin in? A knife or other sharp implement you're s'posed to include a coin for luck? - LOL).

Just took my better half to the airport yesterday for a business trip to Germany. Sigh, miss him already. I won't see him for a week and a half 'cause I'm off in another direction this week. Hope he can fit in some fun, though. Germany is a beautiful place and the beer...

So... four more sleeps and I'm off to another painting convention to help out. Where this time? Well, the Paint-in Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. It's a very small show by show standards but I'm really looking forward to it and will report on my experiences later.

Tomorrow I'm hoping my friend can come over as I'd planned to help her put together a small "word album" for her son's graduation last year. We'll have fun (and yes, I'll be able to find a clear spot to work, lol... the diningroom table. Where else?).

Tuesday I have a meeting, Wednesday my painting class to make decisions for what we want to get into this year/season and Thursday I guess I better pack fast 'cause my flight leaves about 7 pm.

Oh gosh. Tons of stuff to do.

~ Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment