Sunday, September 27, 2009

Organized chaos

Well, I thought I should come clean... seeing as my craft area is not, lol.

I mentioned on the ToleFriends list that maybe we should share pics of our craftrooms. Horrors! The reason I mentioned this was because we're currently running a Tips Contest and from the sounds of some of these tips, I'm thinkin' the submitters must have the most organized craft/painting areas imaginable. I mean, really, I can think of all kinds of things to MAKE my creative space more manageable, but to actually implement them? So... I wouldn't post the ideas because someone might challenge me on them (especially those that know me [giggle]).

But... despite what my husband and non-creative people might think, I live in organized chaos, lol. I mostly know where EVERYthing is... just don't move the piles [grin].

So... I'm going to be one of the first to show a pic of my horribly cluttered craft area in the hopes that it will make some of my other list friends feel less guilty about their own. Hey, we're not all organized. I mean, my intentions are good and I do try to put things back where they belong, but then I get working on 1, 2... 6 projects at a time and... well, it just grows legs, lol. And of course, I do have a "life" (family, internet family/computer, dogs, crafting, friends, errands, painting associations/positions held, working for a friend at painting conventions, gardening, housework *cough, cough, sputter*...).

So... much as it will take away from my creative time, I am going to make every attempt to try to wrestle my craft area back into some semblance of order. I will not promise any "date", but I am going to go down there (it's in the basement) daily for the next while and work on it bits at a time. Hopefully I won't keep you waiting too long for the "after" picture.

My husband would love to have the kitchen table and diningroom back to their intended uses. Me? Well, honestly, they're little-used areas anyway, right? I'm re-purposing them, lol. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!.

~ Shelley

1 comment:

  1. Living with a MESSY is a small price to pay when they are a goddess like you. All my love, your loving and unworthy Husband.

    ReplyDelete