Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's so gotta go


What? The VISTA of course [wink]. But you all knew that didn't you?

After trying to load a few of my tried and true favourite programs (games being the most important [grin]; Adobe Elements...) we've realized that the fact that Windows Vista doesn't make/play nice (network very well) with some of these old programs is, well, a problem. It also played a big role in not allowing me to wirelessly hook-up at my Dad's on the weekend. Even with the password.

Frustrating, baffling, head-scratching, depressing, discouraging, disheartening... I could go on, but you get the picture. All these emotions, well, I'm not experiencing them, lol, the hubby is. He wanted everything to be perfect for me, but life is perfect WITH HIM and it's only a computer. It'll all work out when...

We downgrade to Windows XP, lol. Yup. After only a few days, I say "uncle" as the machine does not have the drivers/support (?) for Windows 7, according to the guy at the computer store, and even if it does, there is no guarantee that our existing software will work and we'd rather not have to go and buy all new software. Gee, then the 'puter would not quite be the "deal", lol. The 'puter store did offer to take back this 'puter and find me a new one, but... I'm quite taken with this one.

So... we shall see.

~Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment