Sunday, November 20, 2011

Boring?


Facebook is a wondrous place. But it can be scary, lol. You reconnect with old friends and they ask after you and your life. How to describe it? Will you come up lesser in their eyes? Will you be judged if you're not a rocket scientist, a published author, a doctor, a nurse, a...?

I am proud to be a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend. I live a quiet, secure and comfy life. I am with the love-of-my-life and we are rather "settled" in our ways. We go out for dinner and drinks, the odd movie, away for a few days (together [wink]), out for a drive, visit with friends (often at home), but we both enjoy our homelife.

Boring? Maybe for some as we don't "party" or reconnect a lot with old friends. We have each other and a full life. A good home, great kids and a largish family. Most of our family (brothers, sisters and parents) are in the immediate area.

My husband is the main breadwinner. I originally worked outside the home as a Health Record Administrator and then as a Property Manager. Then came our two boys, now aged 24 and 20. My husband supported me as a stay-at-home, full-time Mom. It was/is a good life. I was there, and still am, for my husband and kids. I run the home. For some years, I bred Shetland Sheepdogs (20 years) and showed them in conformation and obedience. I also joined a couple of women's groups and dabbled in decorative painting and now papercrafting. I get out to the painting conventions with friends and work closely with a good friend managing a large booth. Here I get to reconnect with old and make new friends. I teach decorative painting occasionally and also papercrafting techniques. These are my hobbies and give me a creative release, fun and socializing time.

Boring? No. Anything but. My life is full and fulfilled. My best friend is my husband of almost 30 years and I look forward to growing very old with him. There aren't enough hours in the day, lol. We will continue to pursue our own hobbies (the above for me and RC Cars, Slot Cars and photography for him) but at the end of the day... we will sit comfortably side-by-side, watching must-see t.v. and talking about our days and just basking in the glow of a continued romance.

No fairytale, just very real and very fulfilling, and no boring life here .

~Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment