Friday, September 18, 2015

Still on the Mermaid bandwagon lol

I can't believe that once-upon-a-time I once looked at a Mermaid stamp I had won (first time I won anything lol) and thought... what the heck am I going to do with this?

They're popular for a reason.  I've changed my tune.  I love colouring them and the backgrounds.
Beautiful, fluid and so many ways to colour 'em.

I have chosen Cute as a Button's Seaweed Mermaid.  She has been enlarged and printed onto a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" sheet of Copic X-press It paper.

I also printed the image onto inexpensive copy paper, fussy cut the mermaid and applied a small amount of Tombow repositionable glue (green bottle), let it dry and then had myself a mask that would stay put.

Copics used:
Airbrushed background - BG15, RV11, Y13 and some BG18 in bottom right corner.  I used the Memory Box Large Ringlets die as a "stencil"
Skin - E50-51-11-21; lips - R21-E04
Eyes - B41-14
Hair - E30-31-55-57
All cast shadows are either BV20 or BV23
Legs/tail - BG53-45-49; YG11-13-17; Y11-15-17.  Use just the "light colours" on tail fin (BG53-YG11-Y11).  Legs were based in graduating layers from shadow to highlight side with lightest colours then dots of medium and darkest colours.  Finish with colourless blender "0"
Fish - Y11-17-YR68, E04 "spots"
Greenery - YG11-13-17
Starfish - YR82-14-16-18 touch of E08 (ya... I know it's just a tiny one lol)
Conch Shell - E42-43-44
Hibiscus-type Flowers - R20-22-24-W4
Finish with dots of Colourless Blender "0" around image

Not sure what I'll do with her but I loved colouring her up and experimenting with some colours and airbrushing.


4 comments:

  1. wowser! she came out b-e-a-utiful! thank u for making her look so good! Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :-). It's easy 'cause I love your designs!

      Delete
  2. I came over from today's Copic in the Craft Room's Facebook post to see the details on this lovely creation. She is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She was fun to colour and I can see her in funky hair colours like purples and pinks and dip-dyed/streaked... hmmm, think I might have another project lol. Love the sheltie in your profile pic :-)

      Delete